Friday, May 18, 2012

One year ago...

On May 18th, 2011, I boarded a flight to Tanzania. I had an amazing 2 months there, making new friends from around the States as well as friends from cities and villages of northern Tanzania. I can hardly believe it has been a year since I embarked on that journey. Reflecting on that experience, I still cannot express enough my appreciation and gratitude for everyone who supported me throughout my preparations for the trip. It's an integral part of who I am and I think about it everyday.

One year later, I'm wrapping up the end of my first year of medical school and will be heading to Vietnam for several weeks to travel and do medical work in rural villages with the NGO: Project Vietnam. It will be my first time to Asia! I hope to update you all with my activities there as well!



Next up: Vietnam!!

No comments:

Post a Comment