Monday, May 9, 2011

Grant Approved!!!


For the four years of my undergraduate education at the University of Washington, I found a home away from home in the Catholic Newman Center.

Thus, I turned to Newman in my fundraising efforts. In inquiring about doing a bake sale there, I was told about the Microsoft Fund Grant that was available. I applied for the grant and after several Newman Staff meetings and a conversation with the associate director, the Newman Staff has approved a grant of $1000 to help fund my trip.

This will help me immensely with my work this summer and has brought my fundraising past the halfway point. THANK YOU SO MUCH UW NEWMAN CENTER!!!!

UW Newman's website: http://www.uwnewman.org/

**on grant application form, signed by me**
"I understand that Microsoft funds received for this request can only be used for social service or community programs that are offered to eligible participants without regard to their faith or willingness to participate in religious activities.  I also confirm that the Microsoft funds will not fund religious activities such as worship or proselytizing, operating support of such services, or building funds."

1 comment: