Thursday, March 17, 2011

Japan Relief

In times of calamities and disasters, I believe that the best of humanity surfaces. It is exactly one week ago that the 8.9-9.0 earthquake and tsunami hit Japan. And in these past seven days, countless lives have been turned upside down, torn apart and lost. This has led to an outpouring of responses from the rest of the world to aid in relief efforts. I have seen so many businesses, foundations and websites dedicate contributions to the people of Japan. That's why I'm going to post the link to the Red Cross HERE.

I can't imagine what these people are going through. And in the midst of trying to fundraise for my own trip, the earthquake has really put things into perspective. People are generous and in the face of disaster; help will come when asked. That's when the true goodness of humanity really shines. It gives us hope as we face the unknown and offers comfort when it is sorely needed.

This is why I am going to Tanzania. I believe that with increased knowledge about the Human Immunodeficiency Virus, there is hope in the fight against AIDS. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post! You are so uplifting Ronnie and I know you are going to make such an impact in TZ! :)

    ReplyDelete