Monday, May 23, 2011

In Tanzania!

Hey Everyone!

Just want to let you know that I arrived safely in Tanzania. It was a long 24 hours of traveling but made it to Arusha just fine. I met all the other SIC volunteers and Tanzanian teaching partners. On Saturday we did a strenuous waterfall hike that really bonded us as a group. Then on Sunday, we packed up our belongings and moved to Babati, a smaller town where we started our pre-field sessions and orientation.

Today, we started with a Swahili lesson, then moved on to talk about goals, expectations and biology of HIV.

I have limited access to the internet here in Babati. Orientation ends next Thursday and that is when I move into a village in the Mwada ward, where I will have NO internet access. I will definitely try to update as often as possible!

First few thoughts about Tanzania! Everyone is very welcoming and friendly! We are greeted EVERYWHERE we go. :) And it's a beautiful country. Hope to update you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it safely, Ronnie! So cool hearing your update, wasn't too long ago I was hearing about all the same places from Emiko. Hope you have an awesome next few days :)

    ReplyDelete