Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's 2AM...

Isn't that a song? :)

Well, it is in fact half past 2 as I reflect in this blog post. This is my last one before I leave the U.S. And probably the last time I will refer to home as "The U.S.". I will get so used to calling home "The States" while I'm abroad, I'm sure of it!

On Monday, I went to meet a few friends for a last hurrah. As my sis and I walk up to the main entrance, I see my friend from New Mexico! I was FLOORED! She flew up to Seattle from Albuquerque for a total of 16 hours just to see me off! And the rest of the girls kept the secret up till the perfect moment! My goodness!!!! :D What a great surprise that was. And the following time with friends and food and gifts. You guys always amaze me and I feel so blessed!

It has been a crazy, very hectic few days. SIC is so organized and I love that about them. I received a four page packing list!! Good news: I've gotten nearly everything. Bad news: I'm probably not going to pack for another few hours. Why? Well, I have been finishing up my medical school applications. So lots of writing, re-writing and coffee! The most nerve-wracking thing for me is that no matter how much I prepare for the apps, I can't submit it until June 1st, which means...I'll be submitting it while in Tanzania!!! I've mentioned this to my program coordinator, Anna, and she has been very understanding--we're going to work something out and everything will be alright!

So that brings me to the my next point. Anna and I discussed how the internet connection may be super slow there, even in the bigger city: Arusha. I will actually be nearer to Babati, which is a much smaller city. So chances are, I may not be able to post a ton of pictures. I'm definitely going to try. But I may have to settle for written descriptions of what I'm experience.

Well, break is over and till I land in Arusha...bye bye Seattle!

P.S. You can still donate if you would like! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment